Tuesday, May 22, 2012

FO: Selbu Modern; or I love Shetland Spindrift

I've had this yarn for years in my stash for exactly this project. Now that I knit with it, I am in love. Really. I want this yarn. I want all my hats, mittens and winter cardis to be knit with Shetland Spindrift. I want colourwork. This was such an addictive knit, I was done in no time.


This should have been blocked differently, though, as I will not wear it as a tam. I like the slouchy hat look better. This will be reblocked before cold times arrive.


All of the details are as always on Ravelry. The only thing that I really want to get off my chest is - I love this yarn. If you have any Shetland Spindrift that you're willing to part with, please let me know. I might have something in my stash that you'd love to have.

10 comments:

  1. That is very nice...good job...sorry I dont have any in my stash

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully! And I have never used Spindrift but have heard about Jamieson's yarn on the Electric Sheep podcast... now I am intrigued and want to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous. Coincidentally, I have an ultraviolet yarn in my stash that I was planning to combine with a soft grey to kint either this hat or a similar one with colour work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece of work, so even and beautifully knitted. I've not tried Shetland Spindrift, how soft is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I've just knit with Spindrift for the first time and can completely relate to your love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hat! I'm not surprised you love that yarn, it looks lovely. I've always wanted to try Shetland Spindrift, I hear such wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been on my To Knit List for a long time. I love your color combo. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous. GORGEOUS! I actually recently started a Selbu of my own, in very similar colors of KnitPicks Gloss.

    I haven't knit with Spindrift, but I have touched it at an LYS. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.